Low Fat Dump Cake Recipe
Jan. 21st, 2018 @ 12pm
Adam VanBuskirk, Cofounder
If you are searching for a tasty low fat dump cake recipe, this is the recipe for you. In this recipe, we used frozen cherries, strawberries, and mixed berries. If you are looking for a low fat dump cake that uses other berries or fruits such as blueberries, peaches and pineapples, this is still the recipe for you. Simply substitute the berries we use with your preferred berries and/or fruits. Let us get started making our dump cake!
Low Fat Dump Cake - The Ingredients
- 2 - 12oz Packages of frozen berries or fruit
- 1 - Can Diet Cream Soda
- 1 - 15.25oz box of yellow cake mix
- Fat free spray butter
Step By Step Low Fat Dump Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray
- Dump the partially thawed berries into the dish
- Dump the cake mix over the berries
- Pour the cream soda over the cake mix and berries
- Make sure to not stir the ingredients
- Cover with foil
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Remove from the oven and spray with the spray butter
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes uncovered
- That is it. Let it cool and enjoy!
Low Fat Dump Cake Recipe in Pics
As the saying goes, "pictures are worth a thousand words". Below are the pics we took while making our low fat berry dump cake. We had fun making this low fat, tasty alternative to dump cake and hope you will too. Until next time, happy baking!
The ingredients (spray butter not pictured) for our low fat dump cake
Dump the berries into the 9 x 13 baking dish
Dump the cake mix over the berries
Pour the can of cream soda over the berries and cake mix. Do not stir and cover with foil (foil not shown)
After baking for 25 minutes on 350 degrees, spray the top with fat free spray butter
Bake for another 25 minutes, remove and let cool. Our low fat dump cake is done. For a real treat, serve with reduced fat vanilla ice cream.